Parks & Recreation Activities
EXETER RIVER FALL PADDLE
The “Fall Paddle” returns for a fifth year! The Exeter River is a town treasure running through the middle of Brentwood. A pristine river with an abundance of wildlife, much of the land along the river has been conserved, resulting in very little development along its shores and a very natural experience. Whether you are a frequent paddler on the river, or have never been out on it, we hope you will consider joining in.
When? Saturday, September 23th, 10am-12pm (Rain or Shine within reason)
Rain date- Saturday, September 30th 10am-12pm
Where? Departs from the river access stairs on Rowell Road West (off of Haigh Rd)
Destination- Pickpocket Dam
Who can participate? This event is open to Brentwood residents & non residents
Cost? There is no cost to participate!!!
What is included? A BBQ lunch will be provided!!! Free shuttle back to launch site.
What does the day look like and is anything required?
- Must bring your own boat. (canoe or kayak)
- Everyone must bring and wear their own life jacket.
- Check in at the Rowell Road entry and must show proof of life jacket.
- The paddle will proceed downriver to the Pickpocket Dam at Cross Rd (about 1hr paddle)
- A lunch of hotdogs and hamburgers will be served.
- Representatives will be on hand to provide information about the river and keeping it healthy during the lunch stop
- After lunch the group paddle will paddle back up the river (very little current) For those not wanting to paddle both ways, limited rides will be available from the dam back to the launch site.
Don't have a canoe or kayak? If you are a resident of Brentwood. You can rent a canoe or kayak from the recreation department (no fee). To rent a canoe or kayak please contact the Recreation Department. 603-642-6400 ext.120 or email firstname.lastname@example.org All rentals are first come first serve.
Not up for paddling? VOLUNTEERS NEEDED to
help with the event. Please contact the recreation department if you can help out.
This event is a collaboration between the Brentwood Recreation Department and the Exeter Squamscott River Local Advisory Committee
WANT A FALL PADDLE SHIRT??? (follow the link below and order your first ever Fall River Paddle T-shirt!)